At PSI, we recognize the tremendous investment that public agencies and private owners have made in airport, highway, and other pavement infrastructure. We add value to project teams by providing a deep reservoir of pavement engineering knowledge as well as expertise in exploiting new technologies, products, and processes to build and maintain high quality pavement systems at the lowest life-cycle cost.
PSI provides engineering services that support the construction and rehabilitation of pavement systems. Our services are focused on increasing the return on investment in pavement infrastructure by lowering the life-cycle cost of these systems through innovation and design. These efforts include:
- Pavement Design Services to develop cost-effective strategies for providing rut-resistant and crack-resistant pavements for all pavement systems including airport, marine, transit, and roadway facilities.
- Pavement Evaluation Services to understand the existing structural and functional condition of pavement systems to develop cost-effective rehabilitation and preservation strategies that work for the long term.
- Pavement Testing Services including Falling Weight Deflectometer testing, plus field and laboratory testing methods specific to pavement engineering. These methods include pavement coring, sampling, California Bearing Ratio, Dynamic Cone Penetrometer, and other pavement and material tests.
- Pavement Management Services including PAVER and StreetSaver database implementation, pavement condition surveys, condition prediction modeling, network funding and budget analysis, geographical information system (GIS) mapping, and maintenance & repair prioritization.
- Construction Support Services including construction observation and monitoring to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
At the federal level, we are certified as a Veteran-Owned Small Business by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
In Oregon, we are certified as an Emerging Small Business by the Oregon Office of Minority, Women and Emerging Small Business.